This month we have a fun challenge for you – You’re a Doll!
Simply mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
P K Glitz LLC
P O Box 7
Rocky Hill, KY 42163
and we will send you this Doll Acetate so you can create your own “Doll” for this challenge!
The rules are simple - all you have to do is dress up our doll however you like, just make sure it has glitter, shimmer sprays, and / or embossing powder on at least 25% of the project!
Isn’t this going to be fun?
All entries must be in by March 30, 2011 so make sure you get your envelope sent off right away!
Now, to show you what we have done… I debated on who’s doll to show you first. Janelle is quite talented with these dolls and has done them before I do believe. Me (Tammy), on the other hand, I have never created a doll of my own – only played with what was given me in the Paper Doll books.
So, here is Janelle’s “Nature Fairy” Doll! Isn’t she just so much fun? Don’t you love all of those butterflies and how glittery she is?
The Nature Fairy doll is adorned with glittered leaves cut from WonderFilm that has been placed onto cardstock for “stiffness” to create her dress. Her legs and arms are stamped with Staz-on then the Glitter on Acetate technique is used to add the sparkle. Here feet are adorned with a brad using the Glittered Brad technique. She has the Monarch Butterfly Art Acetate for her wings along with a smaller butterfly acetate for her hair embellishment. The paper flower is spritzed with Ritzy Ditzy Glitz to add some shimmer to match her overall look.
And here is my interpretation of the challenge – “Sally Scrapper”.
As you can see, there are two totally different looks achieved from this one Art Acetate image. There is no right or wrong way to interpret this challenge. All we ask is that you use some sort of glitter and / or embossing powder on 25% of your Doll project. Ends March 30, 2011
The winner of the of the Doll Challenge will receive a Glitter Glitz Color Wheel!
- Send us a self-addressed stamped envelope to P K Glitz LLC, P O Box 7, Rocky Hill, KY 42163 to receive your Acetate Doll Pattern.
- You must include glitter, shimmer sprays, and / or embossing powder on at least 25% of your project. (It does not have to be P K Glitz in order to be eligible for the challenge).
- At this time, we are only able to ship prizes to the addresses within the continental United States. International winners will receive a Gift Certificate to the P K Glitz store.
- "You’re a Doll" challenge ends March 30, 2011 midnight CST
- Winner will be announced April 1, 2011 right here on the blog!